Tuesday 24 January 2017

Exam blues

There's nothing like a test or exam to get the poetry vibes flowing. I wonder why that is. We students would do anything to put off the inevitable - like organizing midnight junk food parties in hostel rooms, rediscovering old friends we haven't talked to for years or simply, sitting down to write a novel whose plot has been floating around in your head for want of initiative to put pen to paper. An exam comes along, and boom! A switch turns on in your head that says 'This sounds like a crazy idea. Let's do it!' I have an exam tomorrow afternoon, and here I am, learning to knit a scarf, and updating my almost-brand new blog, all at the same time. I have no clue why I didn't do either of these things before tonight, but that's just how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment